Do you work abroad?
Whether you have emigrated from the UK to a different country, or have always lived and worked in another country, the FHT would love to hear from members who work abroad to help us put together an article for International Therapist.
If you would like to be involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, answering the questions below.
Closing date: Sunday 8th June 2014
1. Which country do you live and work in?
2. Tell us a little about your therapy work abroad….
3. Have you….
..always lived/worked in this country (Go to question 9)
…emigrated to this country (Go to question 4)
4. Did you train in the UK, or the country in which you now live?
5. Were your qualifications recognised abroad and ‘transferrable’, or did you need to go through various hoops? Are the standards the same?
6. What is the same and what are the differences between working in the UK and abroad?
7. What are the main considerations you have had to take into account when working somewhere other than the UK?
8. Are there any challenges you have faced working abroad (communication problems, e.g. understanding accents, cultural differences, etc)
9. What are the benefits of working in your country?
10. Is there regulation for therapy practice in your country?
11. Do you belong to a professional association in the country where you practise?
12. Do you have insurance in the country where you practise?
13. What are the CPD opportunities like in your country, in terms of being able to build upon your existing knowledge/skills?
14. Are complementary therapies widely accepted by the medical profession in your country?
15. Any additional comments that you would like to add…..
Are you happy for the FHT to publish your comments in International Therapist and on the FHT website?
If you answered yes to question 16, and are happy for the FHT to publish your comments, are you happy for your name to be included alongside your comments?
Are you happy for the FHT to contact you for further information about your work in this field?
Thank you giving us an insight into your work.